Vegan Cinnamon Rolls!
Time: 65 mins
300ml Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink
500g spelt flour
1 sachet yeast (7g)
1 tbsp sugar
7 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
For the filling:
150g apple sauce
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp maple syrup
75g chopped nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, pecans...)
For the topping:
Alpro Plain Unsweetened plant-based alternative to yogurt
1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Heat the Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink slowly, dissolve the yeast in it and let it rest for 5 minutes. Add the Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink, apple sauce and sugar to the flour, baking powder and salt and stir slowly with a wooden spoon until it becomes a sticky dough. Sprinkle some flour on your counter and knead the mixture into a ball of dough. Cover and leave it to rise in a floured bowl for 20-30 minutes.
- For the filling, chop the nuts finely and mix with the apple sauce, cinnamon and maple syrup. Sprinkle the counter again with flour and roll the dough, using a rolling pin, to about half a centimeter thick.
- Brush the dough with the filling. Roll up and cut into segments of 3 cm. Put these rolls in a greased baking dish; ideally where they fit perfectly against each other and the edge of the dish, as they may unroll if not. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Mix the Alpro Plain Unsweetened with the icing sugar and drizzle over the cinnamon rolls. Yum!