Sweet & Sticky Wings with Classic Slaw
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1kg chicken wings
- 1 small white cabbage, shredded
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 tbsp light salad cream or mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large bowl, mix the ketchup, garlic, sugar, half the sweet chilli sauce and the soy sauce with some seasoning. Tip in the wings and toss to combine so that they are all coated. Transfer to a large roasting tray or two smaller ones, in a single layer. Roast for 35-40 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw. Mix the vegetables with remaining chilli sauce, salad cream or mayo and seasoning. Pile the wings onto a large platter and transfer the slaw to a serving bowl. Let everyone dig in and help themselves.
Recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com