Surprise Inside Cupcakes
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes):
For the Cupcakes:
- Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases (x12 cases)
- 125g Margarine (4oz, baking margarine softened)
- 125g Caster Sugar (4 1/2 oz)
- Large Eggs (x2 large eggs)
- 150g Self-Raising Flour (5 oz)
- 140g Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres Rich Chocolate (x1 pack)
- 180g Dr. Oetker Vanilla Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing (1 can/enough to decorate)
- Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Strands (x1 jar or enough to decorate)
- Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan assisted oven, 350˚F, gas mark 4). Put the Cupcake Cases in 12 cupcake or muffin tins.
- Put the margarine in a mixing bowl, add the caster sugar and eggs. Sift the flour on top and using an electric whisk on a low speed, gently blend the ingredients together. Increase the mixer speed and whisk for a few more seconds until thick and well mixed.
- Divide the mixture equally between the cake cases and smooth over the tops. Bake for 22-25 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Open the Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres and insert the nozzle into the middle of the warm cupcakes, squeezing gently to fill them. Leave the cakes on the wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, pipe the tops of half your cupcakes with Easy Swirl using the ribbon nozzle – pipe side to side, across the cupcake tops to completely cover them. Put the Chocolatey Strands in a shallow bowl and gently press the icing side of a cupcake in the strands to coat the icing completely – spoon over a few more strands to give a really chocolatey coating. Pipe on smiley faces using the writing nozzle. Use the star nozzle to pipe a swirl on top of the remaining cupcakes and decorate with Wafer Daisies. Your cupcakes are now ready to serve and enjoy!
Recipe from www.oetker.co.uk