Kalettes® Salad with Apples and Bacon
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 5 ounces Kalettes®
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- Slice stem end from Kalettes®, allowing some leaves to fall loose and leaving center leaves intact. In salad bowl, add Kalettes® and drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium, add two slices of bacon. Cook until brown and slightly crunchy. Remove bacon from pan, leaving grease, and drain on paper towel. Add sliced onion to pan and sautee over medium high until carmelized, about 10-15 minute. When bacon is cool, crumble into small pieces.
- In a measuring cup, add extra virgin olive oil, orange zest, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Shake or stir to combine dressing. Add the sliced apple, bacon and onions to bowl with Kalettes®. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
For more recipes, please visit www.kalettes.com