Frozen Kiwi Pops
Ingredients (makes 10):
- 3 Kiwis
- 1/2 cup Natural Greek Yoghurt (Optional)
- 120 g Dark Chocolate (Optional)
- 2.5 tsp Coconut Oil (If dipping in chocolate)
- 2 tbsp Crushed Pistachio (Optional)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper/silicone mat.
- Slice the ends off of each kiwi and carefully peel.
- Slice each peeled kiwi into rounds around 1cm in thickness. I generally get 3 to 4 slices from each kiwi.
- Gently push a popsicle stick into each slice of kiwi, to halfway up the kiwi.
- Freeze until completely frozen throughout. Around 3 hours
If using chocolate to dip....
- Once your kiwi is completely frozen, melt your chocolate either using the microwave method or double boiler method and stir in the coconut oil until combined.
- Dip your kiwi slices into the chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Sprinkle with crushed nuts (optional) and return to the freezer until you are ready to enjoy.
If using yoghurt to dip...
- Dip the frozen kiwi into the yoghurt and smooth with a spoon. Sprinkle with crushed nuts (optional) Return to the freezer until frozen.
Healthy Little Foodies is run by Amy, mum to two little boys with a BSc(Hons) in Food Science and Marketing. Amy used to be a Primary School teacher in Scotland and now lives in Sydney, Australia. Follow Healthy Little Foodies on Pinterest and Instagram.