Cooking with Kids: Roast Swede Wedges with Parmesan
Cook from scratch and set healthy eating patterns from an early age with Aaron Craze's creative recipes. Go to www.loveourgreens.co.uk for more information.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 800g swede peeled and cut into slim wedges
- 1tbsp oil
- Small bunch thyme leaves picked
- 50g grated parmesan
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°c, 400°f or gas mark 6.
- In a bowl toss the swede in the oil, thyme and half the parmesan until well coated. Spread out in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 35 -40 mins until the swede is cooked through and crisp on the edges.
- Once cooked tip into a serving bowl and while still hot sprinkle over the remaining cheese and a good grind of black pepper.