Coeliac Spinach and Feta Muffins
Full of flavour, these muffins are quick to make and a really simple alternative to a sandwich that are perfect for packed lunch boxes.
Ingredients (serves 12):
• 350g gluten free self raising flour*
• 100g feta, crumbled
• 200g spinach
• 1 egg
• 330ml semi skimmed milk
• 50g butter
• 1tbsp caraway seeds
Notes: *Search our food and drink directory for suitable products
1. Pre heat the oven to 200C or Gas Mark 6
2. Melt the butter
3. While the butter is melting, place the flour in a bowl and add the crumbled feta
4. Cook the spinach by filling a large pan with water and bringing it to the boil. Add the spinach to the boiling water. Once it has wilted, drain, and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, milk and melted butter and add to the dry mixture
6. Add the spinach and caraways seeds and mix well
7. Divide equally between 12 muffin cases
8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown
9. Leave to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before placing on to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
Recipe kindly provided by Coeliac UK, for further gluten free recipes go to www.coeliac.org.uk/recipes