Cathryn Dresser's Waldorf Salad
Cathryn Dresser has teamed up with Sun-Maid California Raisins to create this delicious recipe that’ll feed the family with ease.
- 2 crunchy eating apples – red-skinned if possible
- 2 stalks crisp celery
- 60g walnuts
- 60g Sun-Maid California raisins
- 4tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Core and dice the apples into 1 cm pieces, but leave the skin on to provide a bit of colour. Toss the apple pieces in the lemon juice to stop them discolouring.
- Toast the walnuts in a roasting dish under the grill for ten minutes or so.
- Chop the celery into chunks, roughly the same size as the apple pieces, then halve the toasted walnuts.
- Toss everything together with the raisins and mayonnaise and season well with salt and pepper.