Akoori (Indian Scrambled Eggs)
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- good pinch of turmeric
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 7 eggs, beaten
- small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 chapatis (or gluten-free alternative), lightly toasted, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan over a low-medium heat and add the butter. Gently fry the onion, chilli and garlic until the onion is soft – about 5 mins. Add the spices and cook for 1-2 mins more, stirring around the pan until aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes, cook for 1 min, then pour in the eggs and lower the heat. Stir slowly to scramble the eggs as they cook, and remove from the heat while they are still a little runny. Continue stirring off the heat for 1 min more until the eggs are just set.
- Stir through the coriander and serve with chapatis for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
Recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com