Be prepared next term with 10% off Hedrin – the UK number one head lice brand
With children back in the classroom after most of the year at home, you may naturally feel worried about how your child or children is re-adjusting to school life and these new ‘normal’ times. Therefore the last thing you need is for the kids to bring an unwanted guest home from school - head lice!
Although social distancing measures are in place across all areas of society, it can be particularly difficult to keep children apart from their friends, both in and out of school, and head lice are still thriving, even in the midst of a global pandemic.
Whether you’ve battled the bugs many times before, or you’re a novice, Hedrin – the UK’s number one head lice brand, are here to H.E.L.P (Hedrin Eliminates Lice Properly).
Lice are only spread through head-to-head contact, and school, playing with friends and visiting family are some of the most common places for children to pick them up and pass them on. It’s a myth that’s been around for years, but having head lice has nothing to do with personal hygiene. Head lice can live on all types of hair and no preference exists between clean or dirty hair.
Although the most common symptom is itching, around only 36% of people itch when they have lice. The only true way of knowing if lice are present is by conducting regular checks with a head lice detection comb and following the 3 step process – Check, Treat and Complete:
• Check your children’s hair once a week, with a comb that has teeth no more than 0.3mm apart to trap head lice – remember, ‘Once A Week, Take A Peek’.
• If live lice are found, then speak to a pharmacist to get treatment advice and also be sure to check the rest of the family.
• Use a clinically proven treatment, like Hedrin’s All-in-One Shampoo, which kills head lice and removes eggs in just 5 minutes, or Hedrin Once Spray Gel which has been shown to work in 15 minutes with just one application. Both products have a physical mode of action so that lice can’t build up a resistance.
• Follow treatment instructions carefully, making sure you complete each step as instructed.
• Due to the lifecycle of a louse it is important to check and repeat the treatment for a second time seven days later to kill any lice that may have hatched from eggs during that time.
• Check that all head lice have gone a week after the final treatment application to complete the process and use Hedrin Protect & Go Spray to help protect against future head lice infestations.
For more information and top tips and tricks on checking, treating and keeping head lice out breaks at bay visit www.Hedrin.co.uk
Hedrin has kindly offered an exclusive discount code to all Primary Times readers to get 10% off any product in the Hedrin range when you buy online. Head to shop.thorntonross.com and enter HEDRIN at the check-out.
 Clinical observations related to head lice infestation. Kosta Y. Mumcuoglu, phD,a,b Sidney Klaus, MD,b Dorothy Kafka, MSc,c, Mike Teiler, MSc,d and Jacqueline Miller, PhDa Jerusalem, Israel J AM ACAD DERMATOL 1991;25:248-51.