Devon and Torbay Libraries services update - Covid-19
Currently all physical and mobile library sites are closed due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, however Libraries Unlimited, the charity who run Devon and Torbay Libraries are looking at a phased opening from 6th July. Find out more here.
This page is designed to highlight the online services that are available during this time.
**Please note that updates are subject to change, please also check the library websites and social media.**
This page is for Devon and Torbay Libraries - if you are looking for information on Plymouth Libraries then please click here:
For more information about the Summer Reading Challenge which commences in July and how adaptations will be made to this annual event to account for the current situation - look here
Devon Libraries Coronavirus update page
Devon Libraries Facebook page
List of Devon Libraries
Torbay Libraries Coronavirus update page
Torbay Libraries Facebook page
List of Torbay Libraries
The Digital Library allows you to download and stream free eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- There are over 3,500 titles on Overdrive (eBooks and eAudiobooks)
- There are 1,000 unlimited use eAudiobooks through RB Digital
- A selection of eMagazines are available on RB Digital
- Access eAudiobooks via BorrowBox
- Access the ‘Reading Well’ collections for young people on their digital platform
- Online Reference resources
- Libraries are creating fun online content and live streaming events. Check out individual library Facebook pages for more information.
Renewals, reservations and charges
- All overdue charges incurred from Friday 20th March onwards have been suspended.
- They are in the process of renewing all customer issues so that no item will need to be returned before 17th June 2020.
- They request that library customers hold onto books, CDs and DVDs and return them when we re-open. As mentioned above, there will be no fines and we will keep renewing issues until further notice.
- You will be able to view your new return date online by signing into your library account and proceeding to "My loans".
- If you have forgotten your PIN please click the 'Forgot PIN' option to get a PIN reset sent to your registered email address.
- During this time, online reservations will be unavailable. If you have already placed an online reservation, please note this will not be satisfied until 17th June 2020 at the earliest due to the system closure.
- If you need assistance please email your local library stating your name and library card number.
- Please ignore any automated email messages you receive regarding renewing your items. We are working on the system to stop these messages during our closure period.