Crafty Ideas to Entertain the Children from Fruit Bowl
Running out of crafty ideas to help entertain the children?
UK based children’s snack company, Fruit Bowl have lots of activities to keep you, and the kids occupied. From making your own pair of magical binoculars to paper plate hippos, there’s a whole range of activities for all levels of children's craft ability found on the Crafty Corner page of the Fruit Bowl website.
If you’ve got empty egg boxes hanging around, start with Egg Box Todd the Turtle – bringing cardboard to life! Alongside the egg box, you’ll need card and paint, pompoms, googly eyes and PVA glue – Todd likes green, although any colour will work. If you're feeling adventurous, why not make a home for your turtles out of a shoebox too!
For the Egg Box Todd the Turtle you will need:
• Empty egg tray
• Green card
• Green paint
• Coloured paints and/or glitter glue
• Green pompoms
• Googly eyes
• PVA glue
1. Cut the egg tray into individual shells, making sure you keep some of the flat rim attached so it can stick to the card.
2. Place a shell on the green card and around it draw the outline of the turtles fins, tail and a small area to stick the head onto.
3. Paint the shell and leave to dry. While the shell is drying, cut out the turtles body from the card.
4. Once the shell is dry, stick onto the body.
5. Using colourful paints and/or glitter glue, create a pattern onto the shell.
6. Now stick the pompom onto the card reserved for the head.
7. Finally, stick the googly eyes onto the pompom. Repeat using different colours of card and paint!