ISPCC Childline and Vodafone Ireland Foundation Announce Major New Partnership
Working to Keep Children Safe by Keeping Them Connected
- provide the charity with €2 million in direct funding from the Vodafone Foundation over five years
- provide a commitment to covering the call costs for the Childline service for ten years until 2026
- update Childline’s technologies and service infrastructure to modernise and broaden out access to the service in line with the changing needs of children
- offer additional resources including Vodafone’s Be Strong Online Programme, to support children and parents through some of the issues they face in today’s digital society
- leverage and engage Vodafone’s 2000 employees raise further funds for Childline
In 2014 ISPCC’s unique support service for children and young people responded to almost 500,000 calls and online contacts. Over the last 10 years, Childline has experienced a 75% increase in children seeking support online. Through this new partnership, with Vodafone’s support, the charity will now be in a position to develop a new total communications infrastructure which will improve children’s access to Childline and provide a 24 online digital platform.
Vodafone’s Be Strong Online Programme will offer support on issues ranging from bullying to online privacy and can be accessed online and in all retail stores nationwide from Tuesday, February 9th, Safer Internet Day 2016. One in five children in Ireland say that they have been bothered by something online in the last year*. The Be Strong online programme will mean that children will now have a range of resources offering support and advice on cyber safety at their fingertips whenever they need it.